Sunday, September 28, 2008

Great Weekend...

Well I have to tell you I did something I have never done before on Sat. night. I went to a barn dance with Callie, mommy & daddy (Matt was working). Some folks from our church hosted a barn dance, they had horses, a real live band, people wore cowboy (and cowgirl) hats and there was tons of people there. We feed the horses apples from their tree and they ate them up in one bite and the juice came out of their mouths. Callie and I kept laughing. Our buddy Ben was there from next door and so Callie and I took turns dancing with him. We all three did the Cotton Eyed Joe song together. I also danced with daddy and so did Callie. It got a bit late so we had to go after that. The today we went to our cousin Anna's house for her 2nd birthday. What a blast, we went and watched her open presents and then we went with Anna's grandpa Kenton to the park. If you every get the chance, they have a very nice park in Coggon Iowa! I would highly recommend it and I believe that Callie would too. It is cooling down and so are my allergies, I don't seem to be reacting as bad, but my face is still red. We put up holloween decorations today since I kind of look like a Jack-O-Lantern with my 2 missing teeth anyway. We keep meeting families everyday that have challenges with food allergies too! My words to them is keep up the good fight and as my daddy always says "Knowledge is POWER!"

Have a great week everyone and God Bless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey ladies and gents!!!
This is nurse Jayne. Just wanted to drop a note to let you all know that I was thinking about you. I check the website occassionally but have not posted a comment in awhile. Love the pics. Boy Turkey Bird...you have grown. Glad everything is going so well. Hope you all had a wonderfull Halloween.
Nurse Jayne

Sean and Laurie said...

Hey nurse Jayne and the crew at Mercy. We miss ya. Lynda aka Turkey Bird is doing well. Still a struggle to keep ahead of it, but let's keep our fingers crossed. She turns 6 on 11/12/08. Our little girl is growing up! :o) We will have to stop up and see you sometime soon!

The Taylor's