Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm on an island and I feel like I am all alone......


I will tell you I have heard this statement from parents of children that suffer from food allergies. It was very ironic, Laurie and I had a very rare opportunity to go out for dinner just us last sat. night and we happen to be talking to a family with 4 kids. The mother was holding a adorable little boy and she stated they were out celebrating his 1st birthday. He smiled at me and I said boy are you going to have fun smashing cake all over you! Not so his mother informed me, he is allergic to milk, rice, wheat & eggs.... WOW did we ever strike up a conversation, come to fine out the poor little guy has eczema as well. We talked about our trip to National Jewish and all we learned and gave her our number to contact us with questions. At that moment I realized that I have uttered and heard those 12 words so many times over the last 5 yrs. From the mother from Kenya we met in Denver to our friends in Vinton to the folks heading to National Jewish in March from New Jersey. The lord does work in mysterious ways. I am so glad we decided to go to Red Lobster and spoil ourselves a bit, and we had the opportunity to meet this family with their new challenges just presenting themselves. Happy Birthday big guy, I hope you grow out of all those allergies.


Well I say the island has been discovered and we are starting to put up condo's. We will figure this out and give our children a voice. Anyone wanting to help us pass Sabrina's law, let us know, we could use the help.

Sean

No comments: