Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Haircut

While mom's away the children will play. When I arrived at the hospital yesterday afternoon, the nurse stopped me and warned me that Lynda decided to cut her hair. I was surprised when I walked into the room, because I couldn't really see that she cut her hair. Apparently the hair was in her eyes and it was bothering her so she cut it. Now she has bangs like her mommy. I figure it is just hair, it will grow back. The nurses will no longer allow her to use their scissors unless someone is in the room to supervise.

We are slowly working her back into the bath tub. She is very afraid that the water is going to burn her skin. She wanted to play with these tub toys in this little pink bucket that she has been standing in. I told her tub toys are played with in the tub not in the little bucket that she is standing in because there isn't enough room for her feet and the toys.

I got into the tub with my clothes on so she would know that we were not going to sit down in the water. Sure enough she got in and played for about 10 minutes and she was ready to get out. Lynda did tell me that she thought Callie would like these toys for her birthday next month. You and I both know Lynda wants these toys for herself not her sister. I told her we would have to see. When Lynda tells you something that she wants she closes one eye and nods her head and talks with her hands. It is so funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Laurie about the haircut! I guess we know what Lynda's calling is :) When I came into the room, Lynda was sitting in the chair looking all sweet and innocent, scissors on the table. As I'm making the bed, she says to me, "My mom's going to be mad at me...I cut my hair!" Needless to say, the scissors got taken away! Hope all is well with you. Maybe I will see you when I'm at work tomorrow.

Miss Ashley

Sean and Laurie said...

It is ok Ashley, I know every little girl cuts their hair once or twice as a little one. She is still our little princess!

See you at the hosptital

Sean & Laurie